The successful candidate is responsible for handling inbound and outbound calls in a timely and professional manner. The mandate is to maximize all sales opportunities, resolve customer issues and ensure an optimal level of quality customer service while also proactively seeking sales opportunities through outbound calling. The expectation of this position is that agents are highly driven and consistently working to achieve and exceed their targets. The Sales Specialist thrives on competition and achievement and is determined to be a top performer, who is comfortable taking on challenges, is resilient and can overcome rejection in pursuing sales opportunities.
- High school diploma required.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum 1 year previous sales related experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a sales and customer service environment preferably in the call center industry.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Bilingualism (E/F) is an asset.
- Proven customer service skills, superior first call resolution skills.
- Performance at a high standard and consistently meets all KPI expectations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude and professional phone and digital communication etiquette. and appropriate presentation as per our departmental dress code policy and guidelines
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyse and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
- Open to change with a learning attitude towards work and to contribute to teams.
- Prior inbound / outbound sales and/or telephone sales experience is required. Must have previous experience working PCs and demonstrated navigation abilities within a Windows environment.
- Experience in google suite applications is preferred.
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
- Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as the incumbent may be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment including days, evenings, weekends and general holidays. Hours of work are subject to change as business needs evolve.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.