Cogeco is looking for talent to develop next-generation cyber security tools! These tools combine deep automation, deep learning and artificial intelligence, all in the cloud environment.
Our project aims to improve the ability to analyze, detect and protect against potential IT threats, while implementing innovative solutions with high added value. It includes the development of technological risk management applications to calculate in real time the security posture according to the evolution of IT threats.
Among the solutions that will be developed, some will be presented at Google's NEXT conference. Our objective is to become an international reference.
The Back-End Developer mission is designing, developing and implementing high-quality business applications.
- Develop, maintain and support Business applications
- Work with Agile / Dev-Ops methodology
- Work closely with the application owner to define the technical specifications
- Work in tight cooperation with projects Manager
- Collaborate consistently with Business Analyst, Functional Architect, Front-end developer (s) and technical teams
- Act as an expert and a leader in coding practices
- Support Business Units in implementing secure coding practices
- Develop and maintain a very high level of technological competence
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and system testing
- Bachelor's degree, diploma or certificate recognized in development practice.
- CISSP, Cloud Security, ITIL certification are a plus
- 5-7 years in development
- 1-3 years in agile / DevOps development
- Experience in Cyber Security is a plus
- Strong back End development experience
- Strong understanding of backend development concepts; APIs, SQL databases, object oriented development, design patterns
- Strong ability to implement secure agile development practice
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues
- Strong ability to analyze data, processes and detect anomalies (code Review and unit testing)
- Strong ability to write and maintain technical documentation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work in a fast and dynamic environment
- Strong ability to managed multiple projects
- Bilingual French / English
- Strong skills for teamwork
- Strong ability to lead by example and share knowledge
- Very good communication and synthesis skills
- Possess great intellectual curiosity
- Be autonomous and structured
Diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals wishing to join our company, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflect the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.