The Network Administrator’s key responsibility is to ensure the continuous availability and reliability of Cogeco’s IT network, switches, routers and related hardware and software components, both in Ontario and in Quebec. The administrator also ensures that expected results are delivered to the user community at agreed upon performance standards. In addition to day to day operations, he/she is involved in infrastructure and application related projects to ensure implementation is performed following designed and ensuring reliable and documented quality deployments.
- University Degree in computer Science or relevant discipline or combination of equivalent education and work experience required
- Minimum 5 -8 years’ experience in IT, with 3 to 5 years in a network administration position.
- Proven track record in the installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN technologies (Cisco routers and switches, VPN Intrusion Detection products, wireless) and core internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, AD).
- Strong knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Network Management tools (HP OpenView or related family of network monitoring products).
- VOIP, QOS and Telephony/PBX experience is a strong asset
- Relevant certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCSE or MCP, Security, Firewall) will be a strong asset.
- Strong customer and business orientation.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- A 360 degree view of technical problems and customers’ needs.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle situations involving unplanned outages.
- Well developed problem-solving skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.