At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
We are looking for a passionate Software Developer in Test to join our Montreal team. As a key member of the Agile team, the Software Developer in Test will be responsible for analyzing requirements & designs, defining test strategies, procedures, test cases and test scripts as well as actually testing features and fixes of our primary web properties Cogeco.ca and My Account.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in Software Assurance Automation
- Programmed in Java with automation test frameworks including Selenium and JMeter
- Strong object-oriented programming skills (Java, C++, Python or similar),
- Ideally exposure to test frameworks like xUnit, Selenium(WebDriver), Appium, JMeter and Cucumber.
- Experience with Core Java, NodeJs, Go, GUI, API testing and data validation
- Solid understanding of Java, NodeJS, Go, REST, JSON
- Familiarity with relational databases, SQL, and cloud computing infrastructure
- Familiarity with Jenkins and CI/CD concepts
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git
- Ability to resolve complex problems with creative solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- In-depth experience with testing complex database systems
- Shown ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
- Organized and able to efficiently run multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Good technical writing skills and ability to describe clearly complex processes and tasks
- Experience with load, stress and performance testing
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux scripting
- Experience installing and configuring services on Windows and Linux
- Experience with setting up VMs
- Knowledge of BASH or another scripting language
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.