At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
This role provides Wi-Fi network design services within the Service Delivery team as part of customer network planning, engineering design and implementation of Business Wi-Fi networks.
1. Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) on Wi-Fi network design and optimization
2. Works closely with Sales Solution Specialists to understand Customer needs on coverage, capacity, reliability
3. Clearly articulates the capabilities and constraints of the standard Wi-Fi products and services to Sales and Customers
4. Analyzes our customer Wi-Fi needs with Solution Specialists, Customers, and Install Technicians / contractors
5. Creates Wi-Fi Network Designs to deliver Wi-Fi solutions that meet or exceed our customers’ needs and expectations
6. As required, performs remote or on-premise Wi-Fi site surveys including RF planning, identifying AP locations
7. Provides second line support for customers’ Wi-Fi issues
8. Provides input to Engineering team on new product features or improvements as gathered from customers and Sales
9. Creates custom Wi-Fi designs and corresponding Bill Of Materials (BOMs) for significant customer quotes
• Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Computer Engineering degree or other relevant degree is preferred
• Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience is required
• 5 years’ experience dealing with Wi-Fi, Internet, and telecommunications technologies
• 3 years’ experience designing enterprise Wi-Fi networks
• Technology experience includes Physical and Logical Wi-Fi Network Design, LAN, switch, bridging and routing protocols
• Experience with multiple Wi-Fi hardware vendors including Aruba (HPE) and Cisco as well as authentication systems
• Solid knowledge of 802.11 Standards
• Wi-Fi RF Planning and Design experience using AirMagnet (preferred) or other tools such as Ekahau
• Wi-Fi Diagnostic tools experience such as Viavi Wi-Fi Advisor, Netscout Aircheck G2
• Adept at performing and documenting Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Career Evolution: join us and we will give you the tools to achieve your career goals!
- Technology: you have a passion for technology? Excellent, we do too. Here, you will manage, influence, play, create, fix, and shape the industry.