The Retention Specialist will focus on retaining Cogeco’s customers while handling inbound and outbound inquiries regarding customers requesting to downgrade or disconnect Cogeco services. The mandate is to maximize all retention and sales opportunities, resolve customer issues and ensure an optimal level of quality customer service in a timely and professional manner. The expectation of this position is that specialists are driven to achieve and exceed their targets. This role thrives on resilience, demonstrating strong negotiation skills in order to save customers from disconnecting Cogeco services.
- High School Diploma required.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years previous experience in a call center environment preferred.
- Proven customer service skills, superior first call resolution skills.
- Performance at a high standard and consistently meets all KPI expectations
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Prior retention, sales and telemarketing experience coupled with strong negotiation skill is preferred.
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze and troubleshoot customer issues. Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude and presentation as per our departmental dress code policy and guidelines
- Open to change with a learning attitude towards work and to contribute to teams.
- Experience in google suite applications an asset.
- Must have previous experience working PCs and demonstrated navigation abilities within a Windows environment. Data entry experience an asset.
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
- Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as business needs change
- Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as the incumbent may be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment including days, evenings, weekends and general holidays. Hours of work are subject to change as business needs evolve.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.