: Responsible for effective and efficient development, delivery and operations of Voice services to our residential and business customers as well as all Cogeco offices. Also responsible for the ongoing advanced services support to all of our internal and external customers on Voice, HSI and Managed Services including Wi-Fi products
1. Deliver and operate Voice Services for our entire customer footprint in Quebec and Ontario as well as the head office regional Cogeco offices.
2. Lead a team to develop, manage, configure, customize, operate, and maintain voice platforms and services.
3. Liaise with other senior leadership, architects, product management to understand business priorities and influence strategic direction
4. Develop relationships with Call Center Managers, Sales Directors, NOC Managers, and Service Delivery managers in order to continuously improve deployment and support processes within the organization
5. Design and deliver solutions that scale & last the test of time and that don’t need us to work, be woken up, at night.
6. Work closely with other Sr. Managers, Architects, everyone!
7. Manage Product Development scope, timeline and costs
8. Manage upgrades to the core voice systems to ensure they are kept up to date with supported hardware and software
9. Focus on smooth flow of work, delivering iteratively, incrementally, and frequently while removing technical debt
10. Use proven practices and experiment, taking calculated risks.
11. Proactively manage vendors to deliver parts / all of a solution
12. Regularly meet with vendors to understand their roadmaps, review operational issues, and improve their support
13. Engage in negotiations with vendors for equipment purchases and annual maintenance and support contract renewals
14. Know about issues before internal and external customer.
15. Methodically and calmly lead production incident resolution and customer escalations and perform follow-through Root Cause Analysis and put in place action plans and recommendations to avoid issues from re-occurring
16. Ensure customers are notified of issues affecting their voice services and kept up-to-date until issue closure.
17. Leverage Gemba Walks to fully understand how teams work
18. Be ready to support the team and the organization in order to lead any operational emergencies that may arise at any point in time.
19. Technical understanding of the platforms, software, systems, and services being delivered
20. Proactively identify and manage risks and issues affecting any of these responsibilities
21. Take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work and that of employees under their responsibility, while seeing to the protection of the general public. Make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures.
22. To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
• College diploma required
• University degree in Engineering (specialized in Networking) or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• 10+ years planning experience building and delivering IP-based VoIP solutions
• 5+ years in Product Development from a delivery perspective with Engineering and Operations experience
• 8+ years in a leadership capacity at a Service Provider
• Product development experience beneficial
• Strong understand of VoIP, Hosted PBX, SIP, PRI as well as Internet, wired and Wi-Fi networking standards and protocols
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. French and English would be an strong asset
• Passionate about customer experience
• Demonstrated use of Lean methods, Continuous Improvement, and Learning throughout career
• Experience with carrier grade VoIP infrastructure including Metaswitch, Sangoma, Oracle
• Experience with cloud based VoIP services and solutions such as Zoom, RingCentral, Five9 a strong benefit
• Experience with OSS, Provisioning Systems, JIRA, ServiceNow, Confluence, Remedy
• Genuinely positive attitude and a keen interest to continually learn, experiment, and improve self and others
• Experience effectively managing change, introducing change, and helping others navigate through change
• Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently
• Required to travel up to 20%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
NOC CODE: 0711
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.