In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for installing, operating and maintaining all products and aspects of the network including drop, plant, and associated equipment to Cogeco and Industry Canada standards and to the customer’s satisfaction. It is expected all work functions are performed in a manner to ensure the highest level of quality customer service is achieved. This consists of, but is not limited to; installation calls including connections, adds, moves, changes and deletions of services, and service related work
• College diploma or combination of equivalent education and experience
• Diploma in Electronics, CATV, Telecommunications or related technical training certificate would be an asset.
• A+ certification an asset
• Minimum 3 years experience in a related position required
• CATV System or relevant experience in the telecom industry preferred.
• Installation experience with interconnect company or VoIP key system installation would be an asset
• Mechanical aptitude required to complete required repairs and corrections.
• General understanding of broadband, cable telecommunications or Internet industries and technology preferred.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in working with HFC Networks, Telephony, PSTN and PBX environments and troubleshooting techniques preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to following and encouraging safe work practices.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service focus.
• Must be people and team oriented and have demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
• Superior organizational and analytical skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
• Must be PC literate, and must have good working knowledge of Internet and MS Office applications (e.g.: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
• Self motivated and able to work independently and take initiative in identifying and resolving problems.
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and eligibility to drive Cogeco vehicles.
• Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as business needs change
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
• Frequently required to lift up to 70 lbs and work on fibreglass extension ladders, operate hand and power tools and electronic test equipment.
• Required to work in all weather conditions