In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for support of Cogeco’s commercial and residential voice services as well as internal voice services to employees across all divisions. The Incumbent will work with field technicians, NOC/SOC, other Tech Support and Engineering technical staff of various disciplines, as support prime in the prevention and timely resolution of circuit, service and network outages.
1. Support the VoIP operations of a carrier class voice network and serve as the operations subject matter expert in voice switching, PSTN and TDM networks, IP-PBX systems, Managed Voice Services, including setup, installation and provisioning support of advanced voice offerings.
2. Provide input and suggestions to improving all operational aspects, related to the network infrastructure carrying voice which could add value into increasing the quality of our voice service – end to end.
3. Work with the broader team to ensure the integration of the Voice Environment within the Operations processes.
4. Act as the NOC/SOC’s main point of contact for tech support of VoIP services advanced support.
5. Will organize and produce weekly and monthly reporting and perform trend analysis to assist in the support of Voice Services.
6. Communicate with Call Center staff as required.
7. Updates trouble tickets and performs escalations as required by the NOC/SOC procedures.
8. Provides input to and is a primary contributor to post mortem activities related to outages.
9. Cross train members of NOC/SOC and Tech Support team to develop back up support as required to make sure knowledge is transferred.
10. Will provide on-call escalation support and problem resolution before Engineering or the vendor is involved.
11. Interact with the Network Engineering group (IP/Transport) for continuous maintenance and monitoring of the VoIP infrastructure as necessary.
12. Communicate with and be part of the Network Operations team and assist as required with Engineering for Network and VoIP service evolution and associated tools.
13. Project team member to receive new Technology and product introductions from Engineering/ Technology Development/ Product Development by determining the operational needs, designing and documenting associated operational processes.
14. As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
15. To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs
16. Will be an active member in Cable labs and SCTE to solicit industry best practices and operations support for Voice Services at Cogeco.
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• 8-10 years strong demonstrated experience in a Carrier Voice Operations, Maintenance, & installation environment with focus on TDM switching and Carrier VOIP 5-7 years’ experience in a telecommunications environment designing or operating a Carrier TDM PSTN network, familiar with class 5 switches, SS7, ISUP, Cisco BTS, Nortel DMS/CS2K or Lucent 5ess.
• Experience with Packet Cable and SIP VOIP technologies, Cisco MGX, SBC’s and BTS Carrier VOIP network devices.
• Experience with trunk turn-up and test procedures in TDM, VOIP environment
• Experience with IP and Gigabit Ethernet Transport Networking.
• Experience with TDM design, trunk configuration, and Digital Cross Connects.
• Experience with interaction with Telco carrier providers
• Familiarity with traditional Class 5 phone switches and SS7 signaling networks.
• Experience with signaling protocols on PSTN and VoIP environments – SIP and MGCP.
• TDM, Carrier VOIP Telco background with Switch operation knowledge strongly desired
• Cisco BTS, Nortel DMS, CS2K,or Lucent 5ess, knowledge would be a definite asset
• SS7, ISUP, E911 knowledge would be a definite asset
• Translations and call routing knowledge would be a definite asset
• Business and operational knowledge of broadband technologies (High Speed Data, VoIP)
• Knowledge of DOCSIS protocol enabling support and assistance in advanced troubleshooting of customer and network based issues.
• Strong project management experience combined with excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
• Detail oriented with demonstrated technical documentation skills.
• Ability to establish good working relationships with others.
• Experienced in effectively coordinating and executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently while working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently. Monitors own work for quality.
• Strong planning and troubleshooting skills. Ability to assess impact of decisions.
• Must have strong understanding of all Microsoft Office applications, including Visio and Project.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
• Ability to lift up to 25lbs required
• On call support and off hours/night maintenance required.
• Occasional travel may be required.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.