The Technical Manager Field Services is a high impact - results oriented role, accountable for the overall team performance of approximately 25 – 30 direct reports, including field Technicians, Admin Assistants and Warehouse employees. The primary objective of this position is the superior delivery of “Customer Experience” associated with Installation, Service and Network activities impacting all Residential and Commercial premises. This role demands a continuous improvement approach in carrying out the day to day activities.
1. Manages Customer Installation, Service and Network Technicians and activities to Cogeco performance standards.
2. Local Market leader accountable for Customer facing escalation support
3. Team Manager and coach of approximately 25 -30 Direct Cogeco employees and 25 Indirect Contractor employees.
3. Technical Field manager liaises with departmental heads – Network, NOC, Planning & Construction and local Programming.
4. Provides input to annual operating and capital budgets for local area.. Accountable for the delivery of budgets by approving all purchases and expenditures. .
5. Manages technical operations and supports projects, and local market standards and practices.
6. Reviews operational performance reports and activities; initiates actions for constant improvement.
7. Manages the local market using the Cogeco Performance Management Process, providing coaching, leadership, staff development and regular performance reviews. Incumbent must set annual objectives for employees under his/her supervision, review them based on any new operational requirements, and administer the Performance Management process.
8. Promotes Health and Safety by acting as Management representative to the Joint Health and Safety Committee and by supporting local safety program.
9. As part of his/her role, the incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work, that of employees under their responsibility, and the protection of the general public. They must make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures
10. Responsible for the co-ownership of local market Cogeco owned and leased facilities.
11. Assists with special projects, and performs other duties as required.
12. Warehouse – responsible for all day to day safety stock/materials and HTD equipment associated with CE workorders.
13. Support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing a superior Customer Experience to current and potential customers, The incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or combination of equivalent education and work experience required
• 8+ years experience in a cable or telecommunications environment
• Minimum of 3-5 years in a management capacity
• Demonstrated superior leadership, written & verbal and communications skills.
• Developed, problem solving, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills to effectively resolve employee/customer issues.
• Results oriented with proven management , coaching and leadership abilities to effectively meet KPI’s, quality, and service objectives.
• Valid Ontario driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
• Occasionally required to lift up to 70 lbs and work on fibreglass extension ladders, operate hand and power tools and electronic test equipment.
• Must satisfy the visual acuity test requirements (ie: depth perception, color, distance and peripheral vision).
• Must be on call to meet the demands of a 24/7 operation.
• Multiple projects with conflicting deadlines; multiple demands from customers, staff, and various external and company sources. The incumbent is at all times responsible for the provision of superior customer experience to current and potential customers in the local markets