The Network Administrator’s key responsibility is to ensure the continuous availability and reliability of Cogeco’s IT network, switches, routers and related hardware and software components, both in Ontario and in Quebec. The administrator also ensures that expected results are delivered to the user community at agreed upon performance standards. In addition to day to day operations, he/she is involved in infrastructure and application related projects to ensure implementation is performed following designed and ensuring reliable and documented quality deployments.
1. Contributes actively to operations, support and participating in project and maintenance activities by creating technical network diagrams, and supporting implementation.
2. Administers, operates, implements and troubleshoots Cogeco’s IT LAN/WAN network infrastructure across Ontario and Quebec.
3. Installs, administers and troubleshoots LAN/WAN network infrastructure equipments such as hubs, switches and routers. Provides support to Firewall and VPN solutions when applicable.
4. Applies security standards at all times, following established security policy and guidelines.
5. Maintains the disaster recovery plan for the corporate network.
6. Support capacity planning process; perform network tuning and optimisation to ensure maximum network uptime based on established SLAs.
7. Implements, maintains and enforces network, Firewall and VPN securities according to established security policies and standards.
8. Provides network related technical support to the Operations and the Application Development Teams.
9. Consistently strives to fulfill Cogeco’s corporate objective to provide excellent service to all customers. .
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
11. Required to be on call and to cover the operational shift. travel is required when support is necessary in ON and in QC.
12. As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
13. To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
• University Degree in computer Science or relevant discipline or combination of equivalent education and work experience required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT, with 3 to 5 years in a network administration position.
• Proven track record in the installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN technologies (Cisco routers and switches, VPN Intrusion Detection products, wireless) and core internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, AD).
• Strong knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP.
• Knowledge of Network Management tools (HP OpenView or related family of network monitoring products).
• VOIP, QOS and Telephony/PBX experience is a strong asset
• Relevant certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCSE or MCP, Security, Firewall) will be a strong asset.
• Strong customer and business orientation.
• Strong presentation and writing skills.
• A 360 degree view of technical problems and customers’ needs.
• Ability to work in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to handle situations involving unplanned outages.
• Well developed problem-solving skills.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
• Required to sit and monitor a computer terminal for extended periods. Must lift and carry PC equipment, CRT’s, printers and box
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.