In accordance with established procedures, policies, standards and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for providing technical field support to all Cogeco subscribers within a designated area. The incumbent is expected to deliver and install Cogeco’s products and services in a timely and professional manner. It is also expected that the incumbent is responsible for selling Cogeco’s products whenever an opportunity exists. Most importantly – it is expected all work functions are performed in a manner to ensure the highest level of quality customer service is achieved. This consists of, but is not limited to; installation calls including connections, adds, moves, changes and deletions of services, and minor service related work.
- Assist NFT/Generalist to Install, maintain and repair active, passive and optical network equipment and devices in the network.
- Ensures that network systems are maintained to Cogeco and/or Industry Canada specifications and standards by completing prescribed maintenance activities.
- Monitors system for signal leakage and completes required repairs to ensure that CLI remains at or below Cogeco standards as time permits.
- Responds to network outages and completes required repairs in an effective and timely manner, when required.
Customer Facing / Commercial/CML /Residential Responsibilities:
- Performs but not limited to repairs & installations, connections, service additions and disconnections of all Cogeco services as they relate to Commercial & Residential installations and service. Installs, tests, troubleshoots and repairs as required to bring services up to Cogeco/Industry standards to the commercial demarcation point and/or the residential customers equipment.
- Responds to and resolves customer reported service problems involving all Cogeco services provided to our customers in a safe and controlled manner.
- Is knowledgeable and aware of all industry standards and building codes as they relate to Commercial Installations.
- Identifies and documents any network related issues that need to be addressed prior to the installation and pass this information on to the network and the Business Development groups.
- Is responsible for the daily coordination of work with our internal business partners to ensure customer’s expectations are being met.
- Educates customers on the use of all Cogeco products and services.
- Contributes to the growth of all Cogeco products and services through promotion and sale of our products.
- Works with other technical staff as required to ensure the correction of customer problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Operates and understands the use of test equipment related to the maintenance of 2-way coaxial and fibre systems including network analyzers, signal level meters and leakage monitors, etc.
- Performs various administrative duties such as completing and maintaining accurate system records, activity reports and support documentation.
- Ensures the vehicle, test equipment and other assigned tools and equipment are maintained in excellent condition.
- Escalates issues as required to appropriate Cogeco department or supplier and ensures follow-up of outstanding issues.
- Attends Cogeco and Industry training and developmental events to maintain technical skills and knowledge. Provides reports on such activity.
- Performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
- As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs
- College diploma in Electronics, preferably to the Technician or Technologist level or equivalent with formal CATV, Telecommunications or related technical training.
- Minimum 2 years experience in telecommunications.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant commercial installation experience
- General understanding of broadband, cable telecommunications or Internet industries and technology preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to following and encouraging safe work practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial building codes as it relates to installation of broadband telecommunication wiring.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service focus.
- Must be people and team oriented and have demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Detail oriented and possess sound organizational, problem solving, analytical and reporting skills.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Must be PC literate, and must have good working knowledge of Internet and MS Office applications (e.g.: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
- Self motivated and able to work independently and take initiative in identifying and resolving problems.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and eligibility to drive Cogeco vehicles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
- Network Standby/On-Call rotation required
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs