At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
Cogeco is presently in the midst of an agile transformation, and is seeking an Agile Practice Specialist. In this role, you will help new and existing teams achieve their goals of value delivery and continuous improvement.
As an Agile Practice Specialist, you will teach, implement, and support Agile principles and best practices while eliminating impediments affecting flow. The ideal candidate is an effective change agent; naturally influential and makes things happen.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 8-10 years experience including:
- Proven experience in playing the Scrum Master or Product Owner role for at least 2+ years for a software development team with success applying agile principles, practices, and theory
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time-sensitive work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with diverse personality types
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience as a scrum master/coach/product owner within an organization going through an organizational change
- Experience as a PM/Scrum Master in enterprise environment making transition to Agile (e.g. familiarity with SAFe, or some hybrid management approach)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Agile approach within a large organisation (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any combination of equivalent training and experience
- Any relevant agile related certification would be considered as an asset
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.