The successful candidate is responsible for executing direct sales strategies to meet and/or exceed set acquisition targets for Internet Service Providers, Carriers, Aggregators and other customers. The incumbent is expected to sell and deliver Cogeco’s Wholesale (Regulated & non-Regulated) products and services in a timely and professional manner while resolving customer issues and ensuring an optimal level of quality customer service. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining existing business and increase penetration of these accounts while establishing new accounts for our products across Ontario & Quebec.
- University degree or combination of equivalent education and work experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years sales experience is required with a working knowledge of sales cycle, preferably in a telecommunications environment.
- Must have proven experience in complex selling situations where sales cycle is lengthy (3-6 months).
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with potential sales leadership qualities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office environment.
- Experience with LANs, WANs and network implementation.
- Understanding of VPN technologies an asset.
- Highly motivated, performance driven with the ability to work under pressure.
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze and identify sales opportunities, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Strong listening and communication (verbal/written) skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a winning professional customer service attitude.
- Self motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
- Open to change with a learning attitude towards work and to contribute to teams.
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals wishing to join our company, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.