1. Creates hypotheses to situations posed by senior leadership, and performs analysis to support them. Presents findings for review
2. Perform required analysis to come to meaningful answers to posed inquiries, and direct business decisions
3. Explain variances, anomalies, and gaps in data, and analyses, as well as solutions to the same
4. Manages operational data stores, and ingest from various sources
5. Maintain operational metrics, definitions, and relations
6. Liaises with partner teams, and customers to provide access to data and reports via approved methods
7. Maintains client facing reporting on approved platforms, using operational data exposures
8. Provides required data exposure to customers and partners following approved policies
9. Lead and/or participate as a member of project teams, contribute to the development of the project plan. Ensure that project success metrics are established.
10. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
11. As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
12. To support Cogeco's ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers' needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer's needs.
● University Degree in relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
● Minimum 5 years’ experience in combination of analytics, and data science
● Minimum 2 years working in a cloud environment, preferably GCP
● Familiarity with cloud fundamentals
● Working knowledge of BigQuery, Firestore/Firebase, Data Studio, and PostgreSQL required
● Ability to work independently, in a self-managing manner, yet flex to a collaborative team approach on specific tasks, is required.
● Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and change to new methods of working as systems evolve
● Must be detail oriented with demonstrated analytical, trending, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
● Familiarity with Agile Project Management an asset
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to facilitate group discussions.
● Ability to recommend decisions based on evidence, and support recommendations to senior leadership
● Monitors own work for quality.
● Bilingualism as an asset.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.